Friday 10 June 2016

Teenager commits suicide after her classmates secretly filmed a naked video of her in the shower and posted it on Snapchat

Levon Holton-Teamer sent her 15-year-old daughter, a freshman at Wiregrass Ranch High School in Wesley Chapel, to go clean her room on Sunday afternoon, minutes later when the mom didn't hear any movement in her room, she went to look for her daughter, Tovonna.
Holton-Teamer said Wednesday:



“I go to the bathroom; I couldn’t get in the bathroom. The bathroom light was off so I tried to get in and I looked down and I saw the puddle of blood. I tried to apply the pressure, the pressure to her head. I tried to save her,”
Tovonna had taken her mum's gun from her mother’s purse and shot herself in the head.

Her mum said 3 hours before her death, Tovonna had expressed concern over a nude picture her friends had taken of her in the shower without her permission.
“Tovonna would say, ‘Mommy, I owe them; I owe them’. I said, ‘What do you mean you owe them?’ I couldn’t understand what was wrong,” Holton-Teamer said.
Hours after Tovonna’s death, her aunt, Angel Scott, took to Facebook to find out why the teenager had killed herself.
Scott learned it was actually a nude video of the girl, taken while she was in the shower not a photo.
“I just said, ‘If anybody knows anything, what happened? Have you heard of anything? Do you know who these kids are who have the pictures?’ I thought it was just pictures and then the kids started inboxing me”.
“Everybody was out there talking about her and calling her names and they said it went up on social media, Snapchat. I’d never heard of that before about 3 something that afternoon,” she said.
The Pasco County School District heard about the bullying complaints and have turned the investigation over to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office to continue to investigate.

Tovonna’s picture had been shared thousands of times on social media with the #stopbullying. The teen’s family is now calling for justice.
The teen's aunt, Angel Scott said:
“I want them to pay, to feel what we feeling, even if their child is convicted or in trouble they can go visit their child,” Scott said.

Source: News Channel 8

No comments:

Post a Comment